Spend a week of extensive, hands-on fun solving a highly realistic crime simulation. Participants will be guided by our expert faculty through the following stages of forensic investigation,
- Legal requirements throughout the investigation process, including obtaining warrants, maintaining proper chains of custody, informing suspects of their legal rights, etc.
- Examination of a simulated crime scene and collection of contaminant-free evidence.
- Chemical analysis to look for poisons, illicit drugs, explosives, etc.
- Biological analysis of DNA, hair, body fluids, fabrics and other identifying markers such as “bugs” (super gross and cool at the same time). The principles underlying DNA fingerprinting and how a suspect can be identified through samples collected from relatives will be discussed.
- Psychological profiling and interviewing of suspects.
- Computer and mobile phone hacking.
- Ethical implications of forensic investigations that may or may not be enshrined in law.
- Communication skills, including writing formal reports and testifying in court.
- Applications of forensic science in identifying victims of natural disasters, genealogy, and illegal commercial activities such as smuggling endangered species.
For: High School Students ages 14-18
When: July 9-14, 2023
Check-in is on Sunday - Classes begin Monday morning at 8 a.m.
Location: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott, 3700 Willow Creek Road, Prescott, AZ 86301
Tuition includes supervised housing, on-campus meals, classroom instruction, books, and materials. Students are requested to bring their own linens/sleeping bags/towels. More information to be provided in the Enrollment Packet. "Take Flight" Camp does not include camper and parent housing. Prescott Camps FAQ
After the registration is processed, a link will be sent, in your confirmation email, detailing all pertinent information and requesting specific documentation.
Follow Prescott Summer Programs on Instagram @ERAUPRESCOTTSUMMERPROGRAMS
Summer Camps Updates
Fill out the form below to get up-to-date info on Summer Camps at Embry-Riddle.
Summer Overnight Camps
Live on campus like Embry-Riddle students and explore career possibilities in flight, mechanical engineering, global security, or what it is like to be a NASA astronaut.
Embry-Riddle's overnight summer programs at the Daytona Beach Campus and Prescott Campus introduce the technology of today to the aviators, engineers, and astronauts of tomorrow.
Students live in on-campus dormitories — under the supervision of approved counselors — and share their initial experience of University living with other young people near their age.